annual adjunct excellence awards
As Part of the 2015-2020 CBA, PSUFA fought to create the Adjunct Excellence Award. The award was created specifically to recognize and commend the outstanding work of part-time faculty and researchers at PSU. Each year, after an open call for nominations, two Adjunct Faculty members are selected and receive an award of $1,000. Nominations are reviewed by an award committee made up of 3 adjunct faculty members and 3 members of the PSU administration.
Dr. Robert Asaadi (Political Science) and Dr. Eric Einspruch (Public Administration) are the winners of 2017's inaugural Adjunct Excellence Award!
There were many competitive nominations this year and the committee had a very difficult time making their decision. Congratulations once again to Dr. Asaadi and Dr. Einspruch!
The call for nominations is closed at this time.
Look for a call for nominations for the 2018 Adjunct Excellence Award in the spring!
2017 Call for Nominations
The Adjunct Excellence Award was created to recognize and honor the outstanding contributions of Portland State University adjunct instructors and researchers.
Two nominees, an adjunct instructor and an adjunct researcher, will receive $1000 each.
Faculty, staff and students are invited to submit nominations for the new Adjunct Faculty Award by Monday, May 15, 2017.
Nominations should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ‘SUBMISSION: Adjunct Faculty Award Nomination’.
Who Can Be Nominated?
- The nominee must be employed as a part-time faculty (0.49 FTE or less) member at Portland State University, and be a member of the PSUFA-AFT collective bargaining unit during the academic year of the nomination.
- The nominee must not have received the Adjunct Faculty Award in the last five years (effective 2017-18).
Who Can Submit a Nomination?
Nominations may be submitted by a dean, associate dean, chair, chair equivalent, program director, other administrator, faculty colleague, or student with access to information regarding the nominee’s teaching or research/scholarship excellence.
Self-nominations will not be considered.
- All nominations are due by May 15 of each year;
- Nominations must include a completed Nomination Form for the Academic Excellence Adjunct Faculty Award;
- Nominations must include a substantive letter of nomination addressing the nominee’s contributions to the school or college in which they work, to the community, and addressing the nominee’s quality of instruction or research/scholarship;
- Nominations may include letters of support from students or community members; and
- Nominations may also include evidence of teaching or research/scholarship excellence.
Questions may be directed to Mafil Fabroquez, Special Assistant to the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and Leadership Development, at email@example.com.