annual adjunct excellence awards
As Part of the 2015-2020 CBA, PSUFA fought to create the Adjunct Excellence Award. The award was created specifically to recognize and commend the outstanding work of part-time faculty and researchers at PSU. Each year, after an open call for nominations, two Adjunct Faculty members are selected and receive an award of $1,000. Nominations are reviewed by an award committee made up of 3 adjunct faculty members and 3 members of the PSU administration.
2018 Call for Nominations
The Adjunct Excellence Awards were created to recognize and honor the outstanding contributions of Portland State University adjunct instructors and researchers.
Two nominees will receive $1000 each.
Faculty, staff and students are invited to submit nominations for the Adjunct Excellence Awards by
Friday, January 26, 2018 for the nominee name (initiating nomination)
Friday, February 9, 2018 for the complete nomination
Nominations for Adjunct Excellence Awards are to be submitted via the 2018 Excellence Award Nomination Form. The electronic form will be available January 8 - February 9, 2018. Award nominators can add and save application components gradually or submit all necessary documents at one time. All completed applications submitted by February 9, 2018 will be considered eligible for review.
In addition to a completed Award Nomination Form:
- Nominations must include a substantive letter of nomination addressing the nominee’s contributions to the school or college in which they work, to the community, and addressing the nominee’s quality of instruction or research/scholarship;
- Nominations may include letters of support from students or community members; and
- Nominations may also include evidence of teaching or research/scholarship excellence.
Note: to submit more than one nomination, enter the Nomination Form via the link each time.
Who Can Be Nominated?
- The nominee must be employed as a part-time faculty (0.49 FTE or less) member at Portland State University, and be a member of the PSUFA-AFT collective bargaining unit during the academic year of the nomination.
- The nominee must not have received the Adjunct Faculty Award in the last five years (effective 2017-18).
Who Can Submit a Nomination?
Nominations may be submitted by a dean, associate dean, chair, chair equivalent, program director, other administrator, faculty colleague, or student with access to information regarding the nominee’s teaching or research/scholarship excellence.
Self-nominations will not be considered.
Questions may be directed to Mafil Fabroquez, Special Assistant to the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and Leadership Development, at email@example.com
Dr. Robert Asaadi (Political Science) and Dr. Eric Einspruch (Public Administration) are the winners of 2017's inaugural Adjunct Excellence Award!
There were many competitive nominations this year and the committee had a very difficult time making their decision. Congratulations once again to Dr. Asaadi and Dr. Einspruch!