2017 Call for Nominations
The Adjunct Faculty Award was created to recognize and honor the outstanding contributions of Portland State University adjunct instructors and researchers.
Two nominees, an adjunct instructor and an adjunct researcher, will receive $1000 each.
Faculty, staff and students are invited to submit nominations for the new Adjunct Faculty Award by Monday, May 15, 2017.
Nominations should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line ‘SUBMISSION: Adjunct Faculty Award Nomination’.
Who Can Be Nominated?
- The nominee must be employed as a part-time faculty (0.49 FTE or less) member at Portland State University, and be a member of the PSUFA-AFT collective bargaining unit during the academic year of the nomination.
- The nominee must not have received the Adjunct Faculty Award in the last five years (effective 2017-18).
Who Can Submit a Nomination?
Nominations may be submitted by a dean, associate dean, chair, chair equivalent, program director, other administrator, faculty colleague, or student with access to information regarding the nominee’s teaching or research/scholarship excellence.
Self-nominations will not be considered.
- All nominations are due by May 15 of each year;
- Nominations must include a completed Nomination Form for the Academic Excellence Adjunct Faculty Award;
- Nominations must include a substantive letter of nomination addressing the nominee’s contributions to the school or college in which they work, to the community, and addressing the nominee’s quality of instruction or research/scholarship;
- Nominations may include letters of support from students or community members; and
- Nominations may also include evidence of teaching or research/scholarship excellence.
Questions may be directed to Mafil Fabroquez, Special Assistant to the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and Leadership Development, at email@example.com.